The History of the OLOS Ski Club
Our Lady of the Snows (OLOS) ski club was formed in 1956 by Catholic Walking Club members and others and began building the OLOS Mount Buller lodge the same year. The Club was officially opened on the 20th June 1957 by Archbishop Fox and OLOS was the mountain’s chapel until 1999, with Mass celebrated by OLOS members and Archbishop-appointed Chaplains for nearly forty seasons until the Mt Buller Chapel opened. A plaque commemorating our service to the mountain was dedicated at the Chapel on June 12th, 1999. The club later extended the Buller lodge and purchased a unit at Mount Hotham in 1981.
The club owes its success and warm environment to the significant involvement of its members and is evidenced by the fact that two original 1956 members are still active within the club today.
The club is now an incorporated body, headed by a President and governed by a Board elected by the members.
You must be logged in to post a comment.